JCOM Automation Inc. offers the full line of products from PROCENTEC and Helmholz. Below is a highlight of some of the more popular items:
- ProfiTrace – PROFIBUS Bus monitor and troubleshooting aid
- COMBRICKS – multi-port repeater with built in diagnostics
- Repeaters – ProfiHubs and repeaters
ProfiTrace Mobile PROFIBUS Analyzer
PROFIBUS All-In-One Tool
ProfiTrace is the most powerful mobile analyzer specialized in PROFIBUS networks. It is an essential tool for monitoring, maintenance and fault-finding. The complete PROFIBUS network can be easily checked with only one software package and one piece of hardware. ProfiTrace is very easy to use and combines all required elements to detect all PROFIBUS faults. The use of this mobile analyzer results in a higher uptime, lower operational costs and the optimization of the entire production process.
Thousands of satisfied users benefit daily from this powerful tool. Typical PROFIBUS failures such as noise, reflections, voltage drops, termination problems, double addresses, wire breaks and configuration faults are easily and quickly identified. As a result, PROFIBUS faults can be quickly resolved which results in higher uptime. ProfiTrace boosts the capabilities of service, maintenance and engineering technicians.
ScopeWare (DP and PA)
With the built in oscilloscope noise, reflections and termination problems can be detected. There is an interpretation of bits, bytes and words. All messages can be filtered and stored.
The message recording provides an overview with records messages. When the user records messages, he has a perfect visual representation on the screen.
The statistics matrix and network condition indicator are the most powerful features of ProfiTrace. These fields can really tell what the condition of the installation is without doing difficult operations.
The Live List is a matrix that continuously lists all the available devices. It is directly visible which devices are ‘troublemakers’. With different background colors, the status of the devices is displayed.
- Troubleshooting & maintenance of PROFIBUS networks
- Commissioning of PROFIBUS networks
- PROFIBUS product testing and verification
- Passive cable testing
- I/O testing of PROFIBUS devices
- Setting up and diagnosing PROFIBUS devices
- Address setting of PROFIBUS devices
- Interface for bus statistics and device I/O to external apps
- Busmonitor for DP and PA with powerful statistics
- Oscilloscope – ScopeWare
- Bar graph
- Topology scan
- 3-Color network condition indicator
- DP master – ProfiCaptain
- ProfiCore Ultra USB interface
- OPC server and CommDTM
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8 platforms
- Multi language user interface
- 12 Mbps (all baudrates)
- Galvanic isolated PROFIBUS interface
- Latest RS 485 technology
- High-speed USB 2.0 interface
- External power supply possible if required
- Selectable types and modes
- Signal quality in color
- Sorted on address or Voltage
- Continuously updated
ProﬁCaptain – DP Master
- Complete integration of ProfiCaptain
- Putting slaves in Data Exchange
- I/O control with automatic patterns
- Automatic detection of busparameters
- Brand new concept of ‘stealing’ slaves
- Class 2 functions in a Class 1 framework
- No shutdowns when updating the configuration
- Deactivating slaves in the configuration
- Generation of a detailed network report
- Summary of detected errors
- Standard layout for signatures and approvals
- Import of company logo
ComBricks – Constant Monitoring and networking
ComBricks is the first PROFIBUS and PROFINET based automation system that unites network components and permanent monitoring with ProfiTrace. It offers the perfect solution for diagnosing and designing networks in an area where there is a shortage of qualified technical staff and a huge amount of pressure on system availability. ComBricks allows technicians to remotely monitor PROFIBUS installations from anywhere in the world and will alert them by email if any faults arise. Therefore, faults can efficiently and quickly be solved which reduces downtime and optimize the entire life cycle of the installation.
The combination of network components and monitoring makes this product an ideal choice for organizations where asset management is paramount. It raises awareness among technical staff because the installation becomes very understandable and predictable. ComBricks is a unique modular platform able to carry repeater and fiber optic modules. It is the only product with an integrated oscilloscope for permanent PROFIBUS monitoring over Ethernet. Monitoring with ComBricks does not require additional and frustrating software installations on the PC. Over Ethernet, the condition of the installation can be remotely inspected with ProfiTrace OE in a web browser. Most web browser platforms, including mobile phones, are compatible with ComBricks.
- Drives 32 modules (10 repeater modules)
- Wide range of modules available
- Powerful web server
- ProfiTrace OE for monitoring and scoping 4 networks
- Hot swap and extendible
- DIN-rail mounting
- IP 20
Applications and solutions
- Modular PROFIBUS repeater and fiber optic backbone
- Permanent PROFIBUS monitoring with ProfiTrace and oscilloscope
- Automated responds to bus problems with relay module and digital output module
- Asset management Ethernet gateway for CommDTM
- Transparent PROFIBUS data hub (repeaters, fiber optic, PROFIBUS PA, RS 485-IS, DP slave)
Permanent and simultaneous monitoring of four different PROFIBUS networks is one of the most powerful features of ComBricks. By using this powerful tool, global projects and a shortage of qualified technical staff members are no longer the cause of significant capacity problems. ComBricks allows technicians to remotely monitor PROFIBUS installations from anywhere in the world and will alert them by email if any faults arise. Hereby, technicians can efficiently maintain the PROFIBUS installation.
ComBricks is the first system that has integrated the busmonitor and oscilloscope in the network components. Deploying ComBricks repeaters for regular automation means an automatic availability of ProfiTrace OE. A web server with a ProfiTrace shell visualizes information in an understandable format (ProfiTrace OE). The monitoring and logging is performed by the repeater modules which are inserted in the backplane. The user can detect a wide range of bus faults and analyse statistics through the web server, email alerts and the log. A brand new functionality within ComBricks is the device location detection. It gives a detailed overview of all segments and the connected devices.
- Simultaneous monitoring of 4 PB networks
- Up to 10 SCOPE repeater modules
- Hot swap and extendible
- Web server with ProfiTrace and oscilloscope
- Logging and email
- Ethernet connection
- 24 V redundant power connector
- Cross border installations
- Inaccessible installations
- Long commissioning and test cycles
- High availability networks
- Robot cells
- Traﬃc control installations
- Water treatment
- Off shore installations
- 24-7 service contracts
The current trend with PROFIBUS projects is to use segmentation with repeaters, fibre optic and ProfiHubs to bridge the common faults of the end-user concerning his cabling difficulties. ComBricks adds another important element: the creation of modular and random repeater hubs that can be maintained remotely with a permanent internal ProfiTrace. Which ensures the highest uptime and the lowest operating cost.
ComBricks is based on a backplane into which 10 hot swap repeater modules with two channels each can be inserted (20 galvanic isolated transparent segments). Every channel can handle 31 devices and maximum 1200 m cable length (depends on the baud rate). Each channel has a fail safe circuit which ensures that the remainder of the PROFIBUS network continues to operate correctly and that the availability of the installation remains optimal.
The bus redundancy technology of the repeater modules is very advanced. A redundant system with 10 parallel network cables
can be built. This architecture provides extremely high availability. Most suppliers only allow two cables.
- Wide range of modules available
- 32 modules (10 high-speed modules)
- ProfiTrace OE for monitoring 4 networks
- Hot swap and extendible
- DIN-rail mounting
- Integrated terminators
- Diagnostic LEDs for bus status
- Screw terminals and DB9 connector
- Enhanced RS 485 signal
- 31 devices per segment
- 1200 m cable length (baudrate dependent)
- Transparent to PROFIBUS DP protocols
- 9.6 Kbps – 12 Mbps (automatic detection)
- No address required
- No cascading limit
- Repeaters with permanent ProfiTrace
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Redundancy for high availability
- Spur line solution
- Removable drives and motors
- Motor control centres (drawers)
- EMC vulnerable applications
- Isolator for sensitive devices
The only product with an integrated oscilloscope for permanent PROFIBUS monitoring over Ethernet.
Built for the future
ComBricks allows you to remotely monitor your PROFIBUS installations from anywhere in the world and will alert you if any faults arise or are likely to arise. It is a brand new method of diagnosing and designing networks in an era where there is a shortage of (qualified) technical staff and a huge amount of pressure on system availability.
The combination of network components and monitoring makes this product an ideal choice for organizations where asset management is paramount. It also raises awareness amonge technical staff because the installation becomes understand- able and predictable.
Monitoring does NOT require additional and frustrating software installations on the PC.
As it is accessible through a web browser, most platforms – including mobile phones – are compatible with ComBricks.
(click the image for a full-size view)
For more information please contact JCOM Automation.
Hubs, Repeaters and Terminators
PROCENTEC is well-known for providing the best and most cost effective repeaters idea for splitting PROFIBUS DP networks.
The well-known ProfiHub family is a collection of multi-channel PROFIBUS DP network components to create reliable flexible star/tree networks and long multi-device spur lines. They are essential to obtain better control during maintenance and upgrading of the network. The use of ProfiHub results in lower operational costs and the optimization of the entire production process.
One new innovation is the ProfiSwitch which lets each segment have a different baud rate. This is a real game changer since it allows each segment to be optimized to the best baud rate. Idea for combining DP/PA Couplers, radio modem, or other slower DP devices or long wire runs. ProfiSwitches are transparent to all traffic, so switches do not need to be configured. All devices and diagnostics are seen at the top level, even with the baud rate differences.
All Repeaters, ProfiHubs and ProfiSwitches are equipped with total galvanic isolation. Behind each repeater a segment is created that is able to handle 31 devices with a cable length determined by the bit rate of that segment. Each repeater blocks short circuits and other bus problems. The ProfiSwitch is also able to customize the baudrate on each channel.
Examples of application areas
- Create spur lines to devices.
- Star, tree and bus structured networks.
- Adding to legacy systems with Baudrate limitations
- Couple PA and Wireless within one network
- Barrier for non-isolated equipment.
- EMC sensitive applications.
- Applications with device and cable stress.
JCOM has the pleasure of offering PROFIBUS connectors from both PROCENTEC and Helmholz. Both are excellent quality. PROCENTEC products are designed by the PROFIBUS experts so you know the quality is there and in this case they offer the additional color aspect – you can color code your network. For example have the main trunk as black, and the red for the spur lines coming from the ProfiHub’s!
Helmholz has been making connectors for a long time and have an excellent product line with almost every combination of features that you would ever want. Please contact us and we can help you pick the bestone for you!