Introduction to Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP and PROFINET (2 days)
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- Ethernet Protocols
- Introduction to Modbus TCP
- Introduction to Ethernet/IP
- Introduction to PROFINET
- Physical layer and installation
- Hubs, switches and routers
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools (Wireshark)
- IP addresses and ping
- Wiring lab
- Modbus TCP lab
- Ethernet IP lab
- PROFINET lab
- Using Wireshark
- Attendees will receive: course notes, writing materials and a certificate of participation
- Attendees will also receive a digital copy of ‘Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ co-written by the instructor James Powell
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 12 people
Your instructor for this course is James Powell, P.Eng., author of ‘HART – a practical guide’ and co-author of ‘Catching the process Fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ (published by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International). James has over 20 years of experience with HART and PROFIBUS and over 25 years with Industrial Ethernet and has presented technical training in China, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, USA, Canada, UK, Germany and the Netherlands. He is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, PROFINET network engineer and PROFIBUS System Design Engineer.
Are you thinking about an Industrial Ethernet project? What do you need to watch out for? What is the difference between Modbus TCP, Ethernet/IP and PROFINET? How do you choose a good switch? How would you troubleshoot a network?
Learn the skills you need to implement a small system. Learn some of the ins-and-outs. At the end of the training, you will be able to implement a small system, know what you have to watch out for and have some idea on how to troubleshoot a network. This is a quick start for Industrial Ethernet!