HART, SIMATIC PDM, PACTware Maintenance Course (1 day)
Theory Topics Covered:
- HART Physical layers
- HART commands
- EDD/DD and DTM’s
- PACTware and SIMATIC PDM
- Asset management
- Serial HART
- Network design and setup
- PACTware and HART modem
- Decoding HART commands
- SIMATIC PDM and HART modem
- Generic DTM and EDD and HCF library
- HART Server with SIMATIC PDM
- Attendees will receive all course notes, and a certificate of attendance with professional development hours.
- Attendees will receive a copy of ‘HART Communication Protocol – A practical guide’ written by the instructor James Powell
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people for the in-person version to ensure maximum exposure to the training equipment. Class size is limited to a maximum of 4 people for the instructor-led online version.
- HART Modem (Thorsis Technologies)
- HART Gateway (Thorsis Technologies)
- HART protocol analyzer
- SIMATIC PDM
- Siemens and Vega Instruments
Your instructor for this course is James Powell, P.Eng., author of ‘HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide’ and co-author of ‘Catching the process Fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ (published by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International). James has over 20 years of experience with HART and PROFIBUS and over 25 years with Industrial Ethernet and has presented technical training in China, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, USA, Canada, UK, Germany and the Netherlands. He is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA and PROFINET network engineer.
Having trouble connecting to some of your HART instruments? Do you want to learn how to get the most benefits out of your HART instruments? Do you want to learn how to troubleshoot HART communications? Then this is the training class for you. Learn the skills you need to find and isolate problems fast. At the end of the training, you will be able to maintain, strategically isolate, analyze and solve problems in HART installations. You will learn how to get the most benefits from your HART instruments.
The course is for those who install and maintain HART installations. The class provides a mixture of theory and hands-on experience to give you the skill set you need, and the ability to put it into practice immediately. Attendees will learn how to analyze, localize and solve HART problems. The theory covered includes details about cabling, shielding, and grounding for HART, WirelessHART and HART-IP. The practical hands-on examples show you how to use various tools to find and fix your problems fast.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Know how best to add HART instruments into a system
- Install and set up a HART, WirelessHART and HART-IP networks
- Understand how the network works generally
- Troubleshoot common and uncommon problems