PROFIBUS Troubleshooting and Maintenance course (2 days)
- PROFIBUS DP
- PROFIBUS PA
- RS 485 and MBP
- Cabling techniques
- Grounding and shielding
- DP/PA segment couplers, repeaters and OLMs
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools
- Working with the Molex SST PROFIBUS master card
- Troubleshooting 12 Meg. networks
- PROFIBUS DP condensed version
- Special Amazon condensed version complete with COMBRICKS
- Attendees will receive: course notes, and a certificate of participation
- Attendees of the in-person version of the course who pass the certification test will also receive a certificate from PI as a certified PROFIBUS Installer.
- Attendees will also receive a digital copy of ‘Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ co-written by the instructor James Powell
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people for in-person class and 4 for instructor led online training
James Powell, P.Eng., is the principal engineer and owner of JCOM Automation Inc. He has written many articles and two books: HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide, and Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET. James is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, and PROFINET network engineer, PROFIBUS System Design Engineer and has over 20 years of experience with PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, and HART installations.
Having problems with your PROFIBUS network? Then this is the training class for you. Learn the skills you need to find and isolate problems fast. At the end of the training, you will be able to maintain, strategically isolate, analyze and solve problems in PROFIBUS installations. During the class you will learn and practice how to use the latest PROFIBUS Troubleshooting tools including the all-in-one troubleshooting tool ProfiTrace 2 with Scopeware, and permanent network monitor COMBRICK.
The course is designed for those who install and maintain PROFIBUS DP or PA installations. The class provides a mixture of theory and hands-on experience to give you the skill set you need, and the ability to put it into practice immediately. Attendees will learn how to analyze, localize and solve PROFIBUS problems. The theory covered includes details about cabling, shielding, and grounding. The practical hands-on examples show you how to use various tools to find and fix your problems fast.
Both the course and the instructor have been certified by PROFIBUS PROFINET International (PI) which guarantees high quality training. The course meets all the requirements of PI’s Certified PROFIBUS Installers course. Unfortunately, certification requires in-person testing. Therefore the instructor led online version of this course is not able to be certified. The in-person version of this course ends with both a written and practical test. Successful students will have their names listed on the PROFINET website as a Certified PROFIBUS Installer.
At the end of this workshop, you will have an understanding of PROFIBUS concepts, components, and cabling, and be able to find, analyze and solve problems in PROFIBUS installations. You will also be able to understand and handle troubleshooting and maintenance tools, such as PROCENTEC’s ProfiTrace 2 with its built-in oscilloscope software – ScopeWare, and ProfiCaptain and COMBRICKS.