Certified PROFINET troubleshooting and maintenance
Having problems with your PROFINET network? Then this is the training class for you. Learn the skills you need to find and isolate problems fast. At the end of the training, you will be able to maintain, strategically isolate, analyze and solve problems in PROFINET installations. During the class you will learn and practice how to use the latest PROFINET Troubleshooting tools including Wireshark, Netilities and the permanent network monitor Atlas.
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- OSI 7-layer model
- Ethernet Protocols
- Hub, switches, routers and firewalls
- Basic Network design
- Physical layer and installation
- Device model and Profiles
- Setting up a PROFINET project
- Diagnostic model
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools (Wireshark)
- IP addresses and ping
- Wiring lab
- Setting up a switch
- Configuring a PROFINET network
- Diagnostics lab
- Using Wireshark and other troubleshooting tools
- Attendees must bring a laptop or tablet which can read a USB drive.
- Attendees will receive a support USB drive with an electronic version of the materials plus key PI documents.
- Attendees will receive a certificate. The certificates will depend on passing the final test
- Attendees will receive a digital copy of ‘Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ co-written by the instructor James Powell
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people to ensure maximum exposure to the training equipment
- IO-Controller is Codesys software running on a Raspberry PI. This is using IEC 61131-3 standard programming which makes it perfect for teaching general concepts without getting confused with proprietary software
- IO-Devices include Helmholz TB-20 IO rack, Wago IO rack, Helmholz 4 port managed switch
- Permanent monitoring system is Atlas by PROCENTEC
- IO-Supervisor/Monitor is Netilities by PROCENTEC
- Protocol Analyzer is Wireshark
- Ethernet cable tester
This course is delivered over two days. Each day requires 7.5 hours of instruction which includes two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
Your instructor for this course is James Powell, P.Eng., author of ‘HART – a practical guide’ and co-author of ‘Catching the process Fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ (published by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International). James has over 20 years of experience with HART and PROFIBUS and over 25 years with Industrial Ethernet and has presented technical training in China, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, USA, Canada, UK, Germany and the Netherlands. He is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, PROFINET network engineer and PROFIBUS System Design Engineer.