HART, SIMATIC PDM, PACTware maintenance
Learn the skills to quickly find, analyze, and solve HART network problems. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need for cabling, shielding, and grounding the cables in HART, Wireless HART and HART-IP installations. You will also be able to effectively use both SIMATIC PDM and PACTware to connect to all of your HART instruments.
- HART Physical layers
- HART commands
- EDD/DD and DTM’s
- PACTware and SIMATIC PDM
- Asset management
- Serial HART
- Network design and setup
- PACTware and HART modem
- Decoding HART commands
- SIMATIC PDM and HART modem
- Generic DTM and EDD and HCF library
- HART Server with SIMATIC PDM
- Attendees must bring a laptop or tablet which can read a USB drive.
- Attendees will receive a support USB drive with an electronic version of the materials plus key PI documents.
- Attendees will receive a certificate of attendance
- Attendees will receive a copy of ‘HART Communication Protocol – A practical guide’ written by the instructor James Powell
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people for the in-person version to ensure maximum exposure to the training equipment. Class size is limited to a maximum of 4 people for the instructor-led online version.
- HART Modem (Thorsis Technologies)
- HART Gateway (Thorsis Technologies)
- HART protocol analyzer
- SIMATIC PDM
- Siemens and Vega Instruments
Your instructor for this course is James Powell, P.Eng., author of ‘HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide’ and co-author of ‘Catching the process Fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET’ (published by PROFIBUS and PROFINET International). James has over 20 years of experience with HART and PROFIBUS and over 25 years with Industrial Ethernet and has presented technical training in China, Chile, Argentina, Ecuador, USA, Canada, UK, Germany and the Netherlands. He is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA and PROFINET network engineer.