EtherNet/IP troubleshooting and maintenance
Learn the skills to quickly find, analyze, and isolate EtherNet/IP network problems. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to run the communication cables, wire the connectors, test the cables, and setup basic equipment. You will also learn how to minimize the impact of EMC on the network. Get hands-on experience with the latest EtherNet/IP troubleshooting tools including; Wireshark and the permanent network monitor Atlas which includes the EtherNet/IP commissioning wizard.
- Introduction to Industrial Ethernet
- OSI 7-layer model
- Objects, Attributes, Instances
- Ethernet Protocols
- Hub, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Basic Network design
- Physical layer and installation
- Setting up an Ethernet/IP project
- Diagnostic model
- Fault finding strategies
- Measurement tools
- IP addresses and ping
- Wiring lab
- Setting up a switch
- Configuring an Ethernet/IP network
- Diagnostics lab
- Using Wireshark and other troubleshooting tools
- Attendees must bring a laptop or tablet which can read a USB drive.
- Attendees will receive a support USB drive with an electronic version of the materials plus key PI documents.
- Attendees will receive a participation certificate.
- Attendees will receive a copy of Ethernet/IP – The Everyman’s Guide to Ethernet/IP by John S. Rinaldi and Jamie Wendorf.
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people.
- IO-Scanner is Codesys software running on a Raspberry PI.
- IO-Adaptor include Helmholz TB-20 IO rack, and a Molex gateway
- Permanent monitoring system is Atlas by PROCENTEC
- Protocol Analyzer is Wireshark
- Ethernet cable tester
This course is delivered over two days. Each day requires 7.5 hours of instruction which includes two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
This course is $2,295 per person. This course can be done in person, onsite, or online.
November 28 & 29, 2023 – Instructor-led online
April 3 & 4, 2024 – Peterborough, Ontario
On-demand, online or in-person courses available on request
To register, please email us at: email@example.com
James Powell, P.Eng., is the principal engineer and owner of JCOM Automation Inc. He has written many articles and two books: HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide, and Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET. James is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, and PROFINET network engineer, PROFIBUS System Design Engineer and has over 20 years of experience with PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, and HART installations.