Modbus troubleshooting and maintenance
Learn the skills to quickly find, analyze, and isolate Modbus network problems. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to wire the connectors, test the cables, and setup basic equipment. You will also get hands-on experience with the latest Modbus troubleshooting tools.
- Modbus serial physical layers
- Modbus commands
- Modbus monitors
- Modbus TCP
- Network design and setup
- Modbus RTU communications via RS-485
- Modbus RTU monitoring
- Modbus TCP communications
- Modbus TCP monitoring via Wireshark
- Attendees must bring a laptop or tablet which can read a USB drive.
- Attendees will receive a support USB drive with an electronic version of the materials plus key PI documents.
- Attendees will receive a certificate of participation
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people
This course requires 7.5 hours of instruction which includes two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
This course is $1,295 per person. This course can be done in person, onsite, or online.
October 17, 2023 – Peterborough, Ontario
October 20, 2023 – Online
June 20, 2024 – Online
June 24, 2024 – Online
On-demand, online or in-person courses available on request
To register, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
James Powell, P.Eng., is the principal engineer and owner of JCOM Automation Inc. He has written many articles and two books: HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide, and Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET. James is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, and PROFINET network engineer, PROFIBUS System Design Engineer and has over 20 years of experience with PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, and HART installations.