EtherNet/IP networks require specialized wiring and cabling techniques to be robust and trouble-free. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to run the communication cables, wire the connectors, test the cables, and setup basic equipment. You will also learn how to minimize the impact of EMC on the network. This course uses real world examples and hands-on learning to provide you with the best training experience..
- Introduction to EtherNet/IP
- Physical layers
- Cabling techniques
- Grounding and shielding
- Cable making and testing
- Setting IP addresses
- Attendees must bring a laptop or tablet which can read a USB drive.
- Attendees will receive a support USB drive with an electronic version of the materials plus key PI documents.
- Attendees will receive a certificate of participation
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 8 people
This course requires 7.5 hours of instruction which includes two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch break.
James Powell, P.Eng., is the principal engineer and owner of JCOM Automation Inc. He has written many articles and two books: HART Communication Protocol – a practical guide, and Catching the process fieldbus – An introduction to PROFIBUS and PROFINET. James is a certified PROFIBUS DP, PA, and PROFINET network engineer, PROFIBUS System Design Engineer and has over 20 years of experience with PROFIBUS, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP, Modbus, and HART installations.